Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Conference Weekend

It was conference weekend, and I surely enjoyed it. I thought the talks were wonderful. So many of the speakers I could swear were talking right to me. My favorite talk was about a daughter who was going on a blind date and got in the the car with the wrong guy. The guy who her sister was going to babysit for. It was so funny. Me and Kurtis both laughed so hard. And that was the point of that talk....laughing and enjoying life. I know I get so caught up in the busyness of life that a lot of the time I forget to stop and enjoy the RIGHT NOW of life. I need to start doing that more. We also had a wonderful Sunday Dinner with my Mom and John and also Kurtis Mom. Kurtis cooked a roast and we did potatoes and carrots. He also made jell0 with I was going to make the kids do. I made a salad and did spaghetti squash. Mom brought rolls and a cheesecake. Kurtis mom brought her homemade salad dressing. It was a nice dinner and it was great to be able to fit everyone around my new table without being squishy. This was a moment that I stopped the busyness and just enjoyed myself. Thanks everyone!

No comments: