Sunday, March 28, 2010

UPDATES IN MY HOME

Ok, so for the last few weeks I have been working on some home projects. Finally I got them done and I am really excited about them. First off in the kitchen I have been wanting granite counter tops, but...didn't want to pay for them! So what do I do....I a make my own granite counter tops. Also the kitchen knobs are so outdated! White porcelain knobs are just not cutting it any more! So I changed out my knobs too. I love how the end result turned out. Check out my before and after shots of the kitchen.

BEFORE







AFTER







Now as for the bathroom, same thing with the counters. I wanted granite...so I made it. Then I stained the cupboards a maghogony....twice..not by my choice. Well, got them all sanded down....or so I thought, tried to stain them. That was actually fine, until I put the polyurethane on and wherever I didn't sand well enough, the stain came right off, so I hurry and cleaned off the polyurethane, sanded it all down again (which i might add is not very fun!) and re-stained it again. Agh...got it right this time. I also added some knobs to the cupboard, and this summer we are going to gladly rip out the linoleum and tile the floor. Check out the before and after photos of the bathroom.


BEFORE

AFTER




Ahh! I love new changes in the home!

No comments: