Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas Vacation

Well what a wonderful Christmas Vacation we had. I spent alot of the
time running around in my PJ's and watching Christmas movies. That is my favorite thing to do. Kids did about the same. They must get that from me. My vacation started out with alot of Christmas parties. My first one was our Nebo View Faculty party. We had it up at the Steak House. I had the Halibut. It was yummy. This year instead of doing white elephant gifts we did service gifts. The service I received was 2 weeks of hot chocolate when I get to work. Yummy! I actually had my first cup of it yesterday. How neat to come to work to a nice hot cup of cocoa when the weather is so bitter cold, and snowy! Our next party was the Juab District party. We had this one at the High School. We had a wonderful dinner and watched alot of employees win prizes. Great prizes too. We didn't win...booo hoooo, maybe next year LOL. Then we had Kurtis family Christmas party. We had a huge dinner and got the great anticipated guest .......SANTA!. Then on Christmas Eve we had 2 parties. We had one at Mom and Johns with us and Johns family. Had another great dinner with so much great food and lots of fun. Then from there we had another Christmas Eve party with Kurtis family again. Yes another dinner and lots of food. I think at that point I had gained about 50 pounds. When we got home on Christmas Eve we do the traditional Christmas Pj's. The morning was great. We cut back some this year, but the kids seemed happier. Not so many distractions with to many gifts. Mike and Sam asked for Ipod touches, and Steph asked for hmmm well EVERYTHING! LOL. But the main things she was asking for were a Nintendo DS with the cooking trainer, and a karaoke machine. All got what they wanted and were very happy. We were suppose to go to my Grandmas in the morning for breakfast, but with the storm we got we didn't want to battle it. So we stayed home in or pj's until we had to run to Kurtis Moms to open presents there, and to Melba's. The rest of the vacation was kind of a big blur of what we did, but we had a great time. We went sleigh riding at the church ground with the Howards. We also went Sleigh riding with another time with us, Mike's friend Jake, Sams friend Madie, and Steph took Kloie and Deveny. We went up to the dam with them. We also did a little sledding on Grandpa hill with Mike and her friend Mckenzie. Me, Patrica, Mike, Mckenzie, Sam, and Maddie went and seen TWILIGHT and shopped at Wal-Mart. We had a movie night and watched The Mummy 3 that we got for Christmas. We rented GET SMART and watched it. We did a little shopping. Me and Mike took Mom and John up to Salt Lake for Johns Granddaughters baptism. And I some what got my house back in order......which didn't last long. But hey, I'm now back to work again, kids are back in school, and Kurtis has one more week of vacation. So sad to see the holidays gone, but the thing about holidays....they always come back. Here is some pics from our fun vacation.









No comments: