Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentines, Mikes B-day, and Presidents day! What a Weekend!

What a nice weekend it was. I love three day weekends, then to top it off I have tomorrow off too! So while i have the day off I get to take Mike over to Ephraim in the afternoon to get her drivers license! SCARY! She can't be that old, but she keeps telling me that she is. Saturday Me, Mike and Steph went up to visit with Grandma Kathy while her and John were up from St. George. She said she was getting home sick and needed to come to her Springville home for awhile. Lee and Karen were also up there for a visit and it was very nice to visit with them. Here is Karen playing with her grand baby. She is a cutie Richard and his family stopped in also. Hadn't seen him in a long time. Old friends...Good times! Are families used to do everything together. We all had a good visit and just chilled for a while. especially these too. LOL
Of course Steph pulls the goodies out. Got to have some chips and salsa.....but later she goes for the raw macaroni. That's like candy to her.
Nice tongue there Mike, can't ya smile. He he he
Me grandma Kathy, John and Mike went over to the hospital and visited with my sweet grandma Christiansen who had had a stroke earlier in the week. She was doing ok. She was tired and very cold. She couldn't get one leg to move very well, but they are working with her by doing physical therapy on her. But I wish they would have been keeping her warmer! They didn't even have the heated blankets to help keep her warm. And those darn hospital blankets aren't really blankets! They are just a thicker sheet! But as I sat and looked at this little ol' lady laying there when I can see all those memories of a vibrant woman just not long ago. It was just hard to sit there and watch the cycles of life happening right before my eyes. I was seeing my grandma getting older, I see my mother getting older, and yes I see me getting older. It happens to us all. It was so good to see Grandma and my thoughts and prayers are with her. We came back to Moms and ate lunch. We ordered some Chinese. Kids love it! Of course I couldn't eat but a little bit. But I gave a few bites a try. On Sunday Morning we celebrated Mikes Birthday and fascination of Tinker Bell. Hence the Tinkerbell birthday banner.
We had a hard time getting her to wake up! Life of a teenager...sleeping all the time!
She got a pair of PJ's that have what else, but Tinkerbell on them.
She had wanted me to make her a tile with a dance logo on it. So I did the saying "Dancing with the feet is one thing, but dancing with the heart is another."
And I couldn't resist getting her this purple Tinkerbell ribbon. And I bet it will go somewhere in her car.
We all got a chuckle out of what Steph got her, or I should say made for her. She took some things that I had stored in the cupboard and made her own labels for them, wrapped them up and gave them to Mike for her b-day.
Then the girls got to get their Valentines. They each got a blanket and pillow. Mike and Steph liked theirs but Sam was to mad and angry that we made her get up. you can tell by the expressions on her face. She wasn't to enjoyable that morning!....even on Valentines!
After that we got ready for church and was about set to go when I got something in my eye. Holy Cow was it something irritating too! It was so bad I sent them all to sacrament without me. Finally got it out and Kurtis came back for when sacrament was over. I went to Young Women's and taught my beehives a lesson on Harmony in the Family. It was a good lesson and something we as a family need to work on. We came home after church and started getting a B-day dinner for Michaela ready. While I was preparing it, Kurtis took Sam and Steph out in the back yard to work on Soft ball. Steph has a tournament in Mesquite this coming weekend so we are getting ready for it.
Then Grandma Park came up to have our b-day dinner with us. Grandma Kathy and John were suppose to be there, but they were running late. So we started our dinner without them. Everyone was to hungry to wait, and the food was hot and ready! LETS EAT!
Our dinner was delicious (of course it was...I cooked it....JK). We had Turkey

Potatoes with cream cheese
Havana Garlic vegetables

Mexican Rice Casserole

and Biscuits.
Grandma Kathy and John finally made it down after we had the majority of the mess cleaned up ( do you think they planned it that way...JK) Really it was great to have you down! But now you have to eat the cold leftovers. It's good my microwave works!Mike couldn't wait to eat some of her valentine candy so she went for the sucker!Giving out little giggles here and there, she kept getting text messages telling her happy birthday from all her friends.
For Mikes birthday she also wanted some kind of dance decal on the back of her car window..which we are calling the car the tink mobile....and we are calling mike the tinker stinker...(thanks Shanna for that one!). So I made the lettering of "Dance with your heart" for the back of her car. I really wanted to put tinker stinker on it or even "I'm a tinker" but she wouldn't go for that!Then before grandma Kathy left, she wanted to take her for a ride in the "TINK MOBILE" So Me, Mike and grandma Kathy hopped in the car and went for a nice Sunday drive around Nephi. Grandma said she did ok that she guesses she will let her drive. LOL

Yip that car is the Tink Mobile...tink floor mats, tink seat covers, tink steering wheel cover, Tink Cd holder, tink tink tink!Then to top my long weekend off, I had lunch on Monday with some friends. We went out to JC Mickelsons to eat because we thought that I could get some soup out there with my stomach and all...but of course they were out of it so I settled for some french fries and toast. But it was a nice day out with friends. I wish we all had more time to do it more often, but all of our scheduals are so crazy so we squeeze it in whenever we can.
Not a bad weekend! Lots going on but good times and good memories. I think we need more 3 day weekends to get through life!

No comments: