Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Are our Kids Safe?


That's the question I have been asking myself all night. Was Sam safe coming home from Young Women's, was she in danger when the boys pulled up to them and got out of their truck? Or was it a harmless prank gone to far to scare three girls? Last night was a night of no sleep for me as I pondered every possibility that could have happened. So, let me go back to the beginning. Sam and two other young women were leaving the church after their Young Women's activity when a truck filled with 3 -4 boys that had been playing basket ball in the gym (with tattoos, piercings and no shirts) pulled up near them in a truck. The boys got out of their truck and started heading toward Sam and the other two girls. Sam started to get a little nervous, so did one of the other girls. So Sam and one of the girls felt threatened and ran back into the church and hid. The other girl stood there not sure what to do. They boys approached her and told her to get into their truck. She then ran off and back into the church. As she was heading back into the church they yelled something to the effect that they were going to come after them. The girls were scared and found some other young women to walk home with not thinking they could have got the bishopric out of their meeting. So they walked home in a group. When Sam got home I could tell something was bothering her but didn't think much of it until she flat out said to me "We about got kidnapped tonight" . Now that caught my attention. We talked about what happened and when I asked her if she would tell this to the cops she replied "yes". That's when I knew it was something to be concerned about. Normally Sam doesn't like to talk to other people like that, but she was willing. So we had an officer come up and take a report with one of the other girls giving her report also. We'll see what happens from here. It may have been boys (ages ranging from 16-22 by the girls description) just playing around, but the fact of the matter is....THE GIRLS WERE SCARED! Which as I said raises the questions in my mind of all the things that could have happened. And yet I am thankful that they didn't. I will for now on though be taking and picking up my girls for Young Women's. Call me over protective, but better to be safe then sorry.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh my gosh! That is so scary. I'm glad they are all ok. So they know these boys had been playing ball at our church building?

Jill Park said...

Debbie, if I am hearing right, there were 4 boys involved and the police are going after one of them and the other three are going to testify against him. Not sure who they are yet.

writingbee.com said...

Thank you so much for this valuable one

samedayessay review said...

So keep posting.