Wednesday, August 13, 2008

National Elvis Week

Yes, it has been a holiday at our house.......well at least for Mike. August 9th started off National Elvis Week. And as those of you know...Mike is a HUGE Elvis fan. Here is a picture of her holding some of her favorite Elvis memorabilia. And let me tell you, this is a small portion of her Elvis collection. She has Elvis calendars, blankets, board games, books, cards, posters, pez dispensers, Movies, CD's, tapes, purses, material, music box, and guitar picks......and many many more things. Mike has been a fan of Elvis ever since about 1st grade. How she became a fan, we are not sure and she can't remember either how it all got started but she is a big fan. Here she is with her prize possession...her Elvis belt buckle. This buckle usually only comes out during National Elvis Week. Help her to celebrate National Elvis Day, which is August 16th. (The day he died) by visiting her favorite Elvis website at http://www.elvis.com/ .

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Jill.! I love your blog.! You've turned me into a blog stalker like Debbie Ü I go from one blog...to another...to another...good thing I don't have a day job.!

Jill Park said...

Lisa, I know what you mean!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I too stalk your blog and others quite frequently. I keep thinking that I should do one for my family, maybe when the kids are back in school. PS Thayne was born on The 16th, I tried to name him after Elvis but Brett wouldn't let me!!!

masterpapers said...

I can see where you are going with the suggestions.