Sunday, September 28, 2008

Firework Mishap

Well for those of you who were at the Homecoming football game, might have noticed a little mishap with the fireworks. I guess a couple of them went off on the ground. Richard Anderson sent me a text pic on my phone with a strange picture on it. Me and Sam had been having a movie vegetate night when I got this strange text. So I called Kurtis to see what the pic was that Richard had sent me. He said it was two of the firework tubes that had gone off and exploded on the ground. He said it was quite scary, and he can say that because he was the one letting them off! He said he was very thankful for his fire turnouts! Any way he told me and Sam and Steph who had just got home from the game to come down to the fire station and see the tubes. So here is what we saw.



In this picture you can see how there was suppose to be 4 tubes in the wood casing. But the one tube just exploded right out of it. The tubes are where the firework comes out and shoots up into the sky.




This one show the two tubes that exploded. You can see how the one exploded to shreds.

Here is the other one.

Here are the casings with the exploded tubes by it.

Kurtis is holding one of the tubes here so you can get an idea at how big the tubes are.I am just so thankful that Kurtis, and the other firemen were not injured. And also that no one was injured in the crowd. Fireworks can be dangerous. But we were lucky!

No comments: