Thursday, September 4, 2008

Settled Back into School

Yes, I think the girls/women in this family have finally got the school routine down. This has been a different year for us. I now have one in Juab High School, one in Juab Jr. High, and one in Nebo View Elementary School. And then there is me, working as a Computer Tech in the Nebo View Elementary School. I think we finally have our system down and working. Like I said, Mike is in high school this year as a Freshman. It was a rocky start for her. She had a hard time adjusting to the environment there, but I think things are getting better. She is on the Spirit Team this year and is required to attend certain games. She likes it though. Along with her high school activities she is again taking on her dance classes including Dance, Technique, and joining a Dance Company where she will be able to compete. She is still continuing with her guitar both taking lessons and teaching lessons. Here is a pic of Mike walking into the high school. She was to embarrassed to turn around and smile.
Sam Is loving Jr. High. She loves having different classes with different people. She says it is so nice not to be in the same class with the same girls for 8 hours a day. (catty girls might I add.) It has been great for her and she has grown so much.........in spirit and size. Sam loves art at school. She has really enjoyed that class. She is looking forward to any sporting event that she can join. She is hoping to make the basketball team this year. And again she will also be continuing her piano lessons with my Aunt Darlene who is an awesome piano teacher! You can't get better than her. Sam will again be pairing up with her partner Madason. Here is a picture of Sam at the Jr. High. She let me take her picture, but it was a "hurry mom this is so embarrassing".
Steph is in the 4th grade now and loving her class and her teacher Mrs. Hoaldridge. She has a huge class this year. In fact when they come to computers they leave only 3 computers empty. If they happen to pick up more than 3 students this year.....well we are out of computers for them. She is doing so good in school and has been so good to come home and do her homework and read and also study her spelling words. She is really trying so hard this year. She is very excited to be able this year to take tumbling. Last year she didn't want to do anything like dance, tumbling, and such. We tried her doing guitar last year with Mike, but Mike and Steph together was not a good combo. Here is Stephs pic in front of the elementary school. Notice, she is more than willing still to have her pic taken. She wasn't even embarrassed.
Then there is me. I am working still in the compute lab. I love this job. This year they finally got my name above my classroom. Last year I was Mrs. Laird all year. It's probably a good thing that the kids don't pay attention to that. I share the lab with Ruth Knowlton. I work Monday, Wednesday and every other Friday and she takes Tuesday and Thursday and every other Friday. We have 16 classes coming in twice a week. Next week we start our NWEA testing. This is a testing system that our district along with 2 other districts in Utah are piloting. Nebo View Elementary was able to start this testing out last year. So we have a head start on it. They are hoping that this will replace alot of the odds and end testing they the schools are required to do all year. One of the test that we do not have to do this year is the core testing. It is a neat test. So I hope it will be a keeper. Here is me at my desk in the lab. Mike got to get even with me. She took that picture.
Hey look it's my name! I'm not Mrs. Laird anymore!
Here is my classroom.
So yes, we are back to school full swing My hope is that it will continue to be a good year and get better each day.

No comments: